August 13, 2013

Friends!



So I had some visitors this weekend/part of the week!

Eric and Nina DeGroot decided to pay a visit to Bellflower!

They came in on Friday, did their own thing. Then on Saturday I worked all day and they went exploring Southern Cali.


When we ate dinner on Friday, it was so awesome to have company at meal time.....I guess it is just the little things that mean a lot. It has been weird eating meals alone, so it was good to have company to eat them with!

Catching sand grabs!
On Sunday, we worshiped and then went to Huntington Beach! It was nice to have someone who would play in the waves with me!





It was such a beautiful day and a great time spent with them!

And then on Monday, they did some things and I worked until early afternoon and then met them at the Hollywood sign and then we went down Hollywood Boulevard to explore some more....

Here are just a few pictures I've got:






We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe which was oh so good and filling! Delicious!

For those of you who don't know what Hollywood Blvd is; it is where the "walk of fame" is with famous people's names in "stars" on the sidewalk. It's pretty cool. It is a unique experience and I can tell you more about it later, just not on this blog :)

Well, Eric and Nina are getting ready to head home tomorrow A.M. bright and early.And maybe you've got no idea why there is a connection between us; well here is some history:

Eric's parents and my parents are good friends; therefore us kids did also as we grew up. Eric and I worked together for 5 straight summers when I was in high school. It was our boss and then us two working and our boss would go and do his own thing; and Eric and I would go and hydroseed/landscape.

We had very good conversations and just a quality friendship. Then he married Nina 5 years ago from last May. Therefore, I've got to know Nina very well also through this.

What a wonderful couple they are; so blessed to have them come visit!

I am glad they could come visit and really excited for the remainder of this week because my parents and sister are coming soon!

Whoot! Whoot!

To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment