August 19, 2013

This is How Crazy Starts

So, I bet you're wondering what this title means.....I was unsure of how to title this because of the following.....

Jonathan Stockeland, my moped-riding, human trafficking fighter and seeker of justice, friend also known as "Viking" to most of you sat me down in my back yard around the campfire in 2010 and said this, "Brady, next year I am going to do a bigger moped trip, but it is going to be for a reason.....and you're coming with me."


This is how crazy started.

And the next summer, we circumnavigated the United States of America on Honda Ruckus' with 49cc engines raising awareness about human trafficking. You can read about our adventures here:  www.mopedjusticemission.blogspot.com. Or go to for a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C39UUhE-u7I of our trip.

And that was crazy.

A few weeks ago I received a phone call saying, "Brady, let's do something crazy; like ride mopeds to the moon and back....or something like that."

Of course it was the one and only Viking.

But what he really meant was let's go hiking.

And so we discussed some possibilities and two options emerged.

We both love the canyon---I mean, who doesn't????!




And then our second option was to go to Yosemite; where we went on our moped trip.

But not just any hike in Yosemite....it was the hike called "Half-dome"

The North Face logo is from this amazing peak in Yosemite.....and we want to hike to the top.

But this hike is pretty intense.....Mom and Denae....please don't look at any other pictures until I get home and show you otherwise you might talk me out of it.......

However, in order to hike it you need a special permit, therefore we won't know if we can get this permit until a few days before we go. So if we don't get it, then we simply will just do other hikes.

Either or, I am excited to spend time with Viking and in God's creation....once again.

I love you bud and I pray that this can happen!

To God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment