June 24, 2013

First Sunday

The first Sunday here at First CRC in Bellflower went well! They actually all call it Bell One, so that is what I will be calling it also, just FYI. I preached morning and evening services and there was a luncheon in between to celebrate my arrival and a wedding anniversary of 65 years. It was such a great time!

I preached on James 2:14-26 in the morning and Psalm 27 in the evening. Their services are at 9:30 AM and combined in the evening with Bethany CRC at 6:00 PM. So the night is a little different than normal time, but it gave me a lot of time to prepare for the evening that's for sure!

I had 4 boxes of books shipped and those arrive on Friday, so that was a huge blessing to have here now! I moved my desk at my house into a more suitable location. Now I feel fully settled in :)

I received numerous texts and emails from people back home on Saturday and Sunday and I wanted to say thank you for your prayers, support and encouragement! They have meant so much to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment