June 19, 2013

Goals

I wanted to provide you with information about what I am looking forward to here in Bellflower and what my goal for this blog is.

First, what my goal for this blog is, is basically to keep people back home in Michigan in the loop of what I am doing. Many asked to keep them posted and I figured this was the easiest way to do so. I may not just write about what I am doing, but what I am learning, a devotional here and there, and posting my sermons on occasion.

Second, what I am looking forward too. This list is not complete, but just some things off the top of my head

1. I look forward to seeing the church (specifically the CRC) outside of West Michigan. I have been in Churches all around America, but I have been a member of one church in Byron Center, MI my entire life. Therefore I am looking forward to what the church is like, how it operates, worship styles, etc. in Southern California.

2. I look forward to writing 2 sermons almost every Sunday. There are going to be times when I don't have to write 2 sermons, but most times, I will have the privilege of doing so. This will not only give me great discipline now, but also it will benefit me in the future. It surely is a privilege and honor to proclaim God's Word each and every Sunday to God's people.

3. I look forward to meeting new people. I love meeting new people and so far, I have met a lot of new people and I am excited to get to know them over my time here in Bellflower.

4. I look forward to focusing on one thing. During the school year, I am in school full-time and serve as the Youth Director at the church back home, therefore I find myself balancing one and the other. Now the council back home has allowed me to focus solely on my ministry here at First CRC and I am really looking forward to being able to focus on one objective.

5. I look forward to alone time. I love my alone time with God spent back home, but this is in a different capacity. I'll be living alone and doing things alone at times. I am looking forward to this time, but also am hesitant because I know loneliness will creep in at times, but I need to know confidently that I am never alone.

Like I said, this is not a complete list, but a short list and may be added to it later.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment