June 19, 2013

California

Hello Everyone!
I first want to say thank you for taking the time to read this and also for all the prayers and encouragement which have been sent my way as I have prepared to come to California and as I am now here.

I flew out of Grand Rapids on Monday at 3:07 P.M. God blessed me with being able to fly with Tom Byma from First CRC in Bellflower, CA. He was in Grand Rapids for the CRC Synod and we caught the same flight back together--such a blessing.

We transferred in Chicago and then headed to Los Angeles to be picked up and head to dinner. After that I was dropped off at my home--the parsonage. It is a beautiful parsonage with lots and lots of room!

Today I woke up and received a tour of the church from the secretary, Debbie Smith who is a wonderful lady. She spent much time today showing me around and working details out with me, etc.

I was told I would have a car waiting for me, but currently I didn't have one, so Debbie took me to go get it. I talked with the man I received it from--an extremely nice gentlemen. I even got my first baked loaf of bread also! It is zucchini bread and I am really looking forward to that.

I met three men from the church last night over dinner which was absolutely fantastic.They are a bit older than me, but still fantastic to get to know such godly men here.

Many have asked what my responsibilities will be out here, so I thought I'd write it on here:

Bell One is vacant right now, so I will be the only pastor. They have a combined evening service with Bethany CRC, so I will be leading every morning service and every other evening service.
I will be making house visits and visits to the elderly home near by where some members are.
So in a nutshell I will be basically doing everything a "Senior" Pastor would be doing.
And I am so looking forward to it.

God has richly blessed me so far in Bellflower by the people at First CRC (Bell One) in Bellflower. Thanks be to God for these caring, kind, compassionate and loving people!

To God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment