July 22, 2013

Busy! Busy! Busy!

This past week was a busy one.

On Monday, I made it back out here to California safely. I pretty much just laid around all day and did some reading. And in the evening I went to Eric and Jenn's house for dinner; we had fajitas and they were delicious! We then planned out the next four Sunday's due to Eric taking a much needed vacation and time of rest.

On Tuesday, I began sermon preparation.

On Wednesday, I sermon prepped and then Matt and Chelsey and Keith and Carmen came over with their kids to have a BBQ. We cooked some type of meat (forgot what it was); then had a great time of fellowship!


On Thursday, I hosted some more people in the evening playing games and hanging out--another great night!

On Friday, the church was going to the Los Angeles Angel's baseball game verse the Oakland Athletics of which I attended as well. It was a great time and the Angels even won!
I was the only one in my section to celebrate Albert Pujols' homerun! Then the next homerun, more people cheered :)


Then on Saturday morning, I was invited to go golfing with some guys from church and that went well!

And this is when it begins to get interesting.

My responsibilities for Sunday were Preaching and leading both the AM/PM services as well as teaching adult education on 1 Corinthians. So I knew I was going to be busy, but I was confident I could handle it.

As I went to print out the final copy of my sermon after the corrections from the hard copy; somehow something went wrong with my technology and it was gone--completely gone. I still had the hard copy, but it was without the corrections; therefore I had to re-do the morning sermon by typing it over...grrr...

Then on Saturday evening I stayed up late finishing the teaching and handout for adult education. I decided that I would just print it on Sunday AM before the service. Well, when I got to the study to print it off, it was gone. So I quickly retyped everything at 6 AM. And then prepared for Sunday AM.

Both services as well as adult education went fantastic! It was amazing despite all my mistakes of not-saving and other things.

So that was the past week.

This week I am only responsible for teaching adult education--there is pulpit supply in the AM. I am going to enjoy this rest as well as work ahead for the weeks to come.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment