July 15, 2013

Family and Friends=Rest and Relaxation

Sorry for the lack of posts this past week, but I was able to fly home for 6 days and have an enjoyable time of seeing friends and family which resulted in some good rest and relaxation! Here is what the week consisted of:

First off, I told you earlier that I was flying home on Wednesday, July 10; however, that was because I was going to surprise Denae with coming home a day early and this was her surprise when she found out:
 
To say the least, I believe that it was a successful surprise!

So I flew home and landed that night around 11:00 P.M. I told her I was coming home that night when she was at my Dad's softball game and I was in the Denver airport. So thank you Dad, Mom, Bri and everyone else who knew for keeping it a surprise! Y'all did fantastic!

Then on Thursday, Dad had off work, so I was able to go to Holland State Park for the day on the beach; it was so awesome to play in the waves and water with my Dad as it has been a really long time since I had done that! I also received some great sunburn due to lack of application of sun tan lotion......my fault; even after my Mother warned me....

That night, Denae took me out for my birthday. We went to 84 East in Holland and then went to the beach and then just chilled and talked. Such a wonderful time!
It was an absolutely amazing time spent with a wonderful godly woman!

Then on Friday, my nephew, Nolan came over as we babysit him, so that was awesome to spend some time with him also! And my brother and sister-in-law, my sister's boyfriend all came over at night to celebrate my birthday which was so much fun! They made the day so special when it came, yet they made it very special when I was home also! Such a blessing!

 
He is such a stud!

And we even played some bean bag toss (corn-hole) which Dad (Waldo) and I dominated at!

Where is Waldo?
 
Nolan wanted to go golfing because Dad, Brandon and I were going to do that on Saturday morning, so we let Nolan golf on Friday night. And Mom cooked a splendidly wonderful meal for my birthday, so thanks goes to her on that!

So Dad, Brandon and I went golfing, more like going to the driving range though due to all the golf balls we hit on each hole.....we are by no means 'experienced' golfers. But it was a great time indeed!




And then on Saturday afternoon/night Denae and I were invited to attend and participate in the wedding of Andrew Bultena and Amy McKenzie. Such a wonderful time, so glad that we could celebrate with them!

And Sunday was a great day to be in the Lord's house with fellow believers back home at Heritage. Then spending the afternoon at the beach and relaxing with Dad, Mom, Denae and Bri in the evening. Such a wonderful weekend!

It all helped me reflect on the rest that I needed as well as how valuable time spent with family and friends should be.

Rest is something that God instituted in creation and commanded in the Ten Commandments.

Family and friends are God's gracious gifts to us to keep us accountable and to be there for one another.

Both are necessary and both are awesome.

Now I am back in Bellflower after a long day of traveling with a beautiful sunrise! It was a long day, but it was good. Began in the Grand Rapids airport at 4:10 A.M. thanks to Dad starting a bit later in his work day to drop me off....all alone in the airport :) Then I flew to Chicago, then to Phoenix and finally to Los Angeles being picked up by the secretary at church--thanks Debbie!


And then I got some awesome groceries when I got here, thanks to Mom for helping me out with some good meal ideas!


And I enjoyed a nice evening with the worship director's family, Eric and Jenn Scholte and their three daughters. They invited me over for dinner which was awesome and some great quality time also!

To God be the glory.





No comments:

Post a Comment